Appstablishment Pty Ltd complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
At Appstablishment Pty Ltd we respect your privacy. We will not willfully disclose any personal information regarding our users without first obtaining their permission, unless required by law. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices of personal and non-personal information we may collect when you visit our site or mobile application.
By using our web site and mobile application, you consent to the collection and use of your information as outlined in this policy and to our Terms and Conditions of Use. Our site and mobile application is directed to adults over the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children 18 and under.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Visitors may choose to sign up for our newsletter or other services. The contact information gathered here may be used to send special promotions and newsletters to our visitors. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by contacting us in writing at [email protected] We guard your privacy like it was our own! Your email address is NEVER given, sold or transferred to anyone else and is used ONLY to send you the information requested.
We receive and reply to email from users on a regular basis. For record-keeping purposes we retain copies of all incoming and outgoing email. Information in the email we receive or send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender, either express or implied, unless required by law.
We collect certain personal information from you such as your name and contact details. This information is required for us to provide services and products to you. We may also collect other personal information that you provide to us on company surveys or marketing competitions. We use this information to improve our services and products.
Our surveys are strictly confidential. We will remove your name from such survey lists if you ask us to do so. We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept confidential, secure, and protected from unauthorised access or use. We also collect non-personally identifiable aggregate information to improve our performance, services and products. This may include visited domain names and web pages and browser software being used. We collect this information in such a way that it is not able to be linked back to any individual.
We may collect, use, store and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Disclose personal information about you to credit reporting agencies in line with our debt collection policies and procedures. If you are in default, we will notify and exchange personal information with our collection agent.
- Disclose personal information about you to authorised agencies such as our solicitors, when required for legal proceedings; the police in investigating criminal or fraudulent transactions or as permitted by the Privacy Act for similar dealings.
We may use personal information for marketing purposes. This includes using your name and contact details for the purpose of direct marketing, offering you our products and services. Your personal details will not be rented, sold or disclosed to any third party without your permission, either express or implied, unless required by law. Please note that if your preference is to opt-out of our marketing lists your name will be removed from such lists in the future. If your preference is to opt-out, you will lose the benefits of directly receiving from us various marketing communications about our latest products and services, promos, or special deals with us and/or our third party business partners.
COMPANY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may transfer personal information for the primary purposes of carrying out our business services and transactions confidentially to our service providers that we use from time to time such as our business partners to handle our marketing campaigns and partnering in selling our products and services; external mail outsourcing agents to handle our delivery requirements; and our bank, merchant or financial agencies to process your account payments. Wherever possible, we try to get those services provided to you without those third parties being provided with any of your personal information. If that is not possible, we require that any third party is provided with only the minimum necessary information, and it is provided under terms of strict confidentiality on condition that the third party only uses it to provide the necessary services.
Whenever implemented, we may monitor or record your telephone conversation with us for staff training and service quality control purposes. Your call will not be monitored if you ask the Customer Service Officer not to do so.
QUALITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
With reference to our General Terms and Conditions, it is your responsibility to ensure that your personal information is up to date by notifying us of any changes to the details we hold about you. However, we will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We do require you to verify certain personal information for any account enquiry. We also will ask you to check your details in our company communications such as our welcome letters and account notices.
Appstablishment Pty Ltd will collect details relating to a user only:
- if relevant to or necessary for the provision of the service or product that Appstablishment Pty Ltd is engaged to provide, or
- for other legitimate purposes made known to the user prior to the time the details are collected.
Appstablishment Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps, having regard to the nature of the information collected, to ensure that information collected in relation to a user: -
- to the extent that it comprises business records or details in relation to a particular individual, can be checked by a user;
- is accurate, and if necessary, kept up to date;
- if inaccurate, is erased or rectified; and/or;
- is erased at the request of the user and when no longer reasonably required.
Appstablishment Pty Ltdwill use details relating to a user only for: -
- Appstablishment Pty Ltd’s internal marketing, billing or other purposes necessary for the provision of the service, or
- purposes made known to the user prior to the time the details are collected, or other purposes with the prior consent of the user.
Appstablishment Pty Ltd will:
- keep confidential the business records, personal details and information of or relating to each user and will respect the privacy of users’ personal communications;
- take adequate steps to ensure the confidentiality of business records, personal details and information;
- not sell or exchange the business records, personal details or information of a user without the user's express prior consent, other than to another person in the course of the sale of our business or part of it as a going concern;
- refrain from intentionally examining or tampering with a user’s business records, personal details or information without the express prior consent of the user except to the extent required by a properly qualified officer for the maintenance of system security or data integrity; and/or;
- treat email as private content whether in transit or in storage.
This policy does not prevent disclosure of information with the express or implied consent of the user or as permitted by law. Nothing in this policy in any way releases Appstablishment Pty Ltd from more onerous secrecy obligations imposed by statute or contract or equity, or other industry code of practice to which they may be bound. However, nothing in this policy prevents Appstablishment Pty Ltd from collecting anonymous aggregate information regarding its users or the use of its service.
Appstablishment Pty Ltd will not collect personal, family or residency information from any user who they know or might reasonably suspect to be under the age of 18 years without the express consent of one of the user’s parents or a guardian. This provision does not prevent the recording of an anonymous but identified (by login name or cookie) user’s preferred services or use history.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Privacy Act, you can access personal information about you held by us, and advise us if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. You can request access to the personal information that we hold by writing to Appstablishment Pty Ltd.
If you consider that your privacy has been breached, please contact us via email located on the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website or mobile application. If you consider that we have not resolved the issue you may refer the matter to the Privacy Commissioner’s Office.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Appstablishment Pty Ltd provides the Site and mobile application only for your convenience. Neither Appstablishment Pty Ltd, nor its affiliates, directors, partners, employees or other representatives, warrant that the Site or App will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site or mobile application.
The Site and mobile application is provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Appstablishment Pty Ltd nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or distributing the Site and mobile application shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Site and mobile application, including but not limited to interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from force majeure, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorised access to Appstablishment Pty Ltd’s records, programs, or services. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such jurisdictions, our liability is limited by the fullest extent permitted by law.